Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first the problem wasn't so bad. I couldnt move Items on my desktop, when I tired the circle with a bar symbol came up and Icouldnt move anything on my desktop. Then while trying to solve that problem I unintentionally removed all my Icons from my desktop. The option that I belived caused this was found by right clicking on the deskttop but now since this happend right clicking on the desktop produces no reponse from the computer. Also I can still access all of my files and shor cuts from my desktop by going into the hard drive > users > then my profile (which is the only one) > then by opening the desktop file found there I can access what was on my desktop.

In closing I need to find a way to restore icons to my desktop with out using system restore. SO I dont have to go thru my hard drive

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when I right click on the desktop nothing happens

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right click your desktop, click Arrange Icons By, and click on Show Desktop Icons.
thats how this started and now when I try and repeat that to fix the problem nothing happens. Right clicking on my desktop produces no response so I cannot fix this the same way it was caused

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.