Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
You're link goes to an Intel page but no data is there.
Are referring to actually manufacturing a Mobo at home?

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
I see no data on the page in your link. I'm an Intel Dealer so I tried signing in but I still do not see any data on the page.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
7,670 Posts
What exactly are you talking here? Schematic design? Board layout from a final schematic? Prototype design and testing? Manufacture and populating a single board from your design? Tooling up for a production run? All of the above?

Figure several hundreds of man-hours for design, layout, testing, re-design, and more testing will get you a final design for a multi-layer (probably 10-12 layers) board. There are manufacturers which will quote you for a small production run, for which the above unpopulated will probably cost you in the $500-$1000 range per board. Populating the board(s) will cost you at least that.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gcavan, that is exactly what I was looking for.

So you think for ONE board it would cost in the $500-1000 range?

Tyree, being an Intel dealer, have you heard about the design your own board application they have?

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
I'm an Intel Dealer but I haven't used any Intel Mobo's for several years. They changed suppliers and quality/reliability became an issue.

·
Moderator, - Design Team, - Networking Team
2,483 Posts
No problem. If you're not looking for something with non-standard features, all you need to do is look for mini-ITX boards. 170mm/6.7" is a standard form-factor for them.

Intel actually has an even smaller form factor in production now, though I can't recall off-hand what it's called.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.