Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's the only solution? Reinstall your system? I have had my XPS M1730 for 6 months and 2 days, and now when I turn it on, I get Dell MediaCenter trying to install itself, failing, and shutting down my system. I spent over an hour with Dell's horrible excuse for support wherein I spoke to three techs, two managers, and two people trying to upsell me for additional PAID support.

I just want it to boot...why should that require reinstalling the system? PLUS, it originally came with Vista Premium...I've since upgraded to Windows 7...so my only hope is to reinstall Win7...losing anything and everything that's on there? Forgive me, but that's not a solution. What prevents this from happening again in six more months...or six more weeks...or two days after I reinstall???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Dell Media Center not letting Os Load - Help!

Is vguy and nvguy the same poster? vguy sounded like he was trying to install . .
Nope, I'm new to the forum. I tried reinstalling Win 7 to just fix the system, but I got a new error that its unable to locate \Windows\System32\WinLaunch.exe. I tried locating and copying that file...alas, no go.

HELP! :laugh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Dell Media Center not letting Os Load - Help!

BTW...I picked "NV Guy" cuz I live in Nevada. Weird to see another name so close in the same thread.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,253 Posts
Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

When you installed Win7, you may have overwritten the Media Center app. . it is intended to be installed first, then the operating system. You might try downloading it from the Dell Support site and reinstalling it.

You can go to the Dell support site, enter your Service Tag Number and download it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.