Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys/gals... my gf's dell stopped turning on yesterday. She was using the computer on battery supply and had the low battery message and then put it into hibernation mode. About 30 minutes later she plugged in the power cord and nothing happened. She has been experiencing previous episodes of this before like when she goes into standby or hibernation for a while, she will try to reboot and nothing happens.. so she waits like 30 minutes and tries again and boots right up. I am thinking its the power hardware malfunction with that history. Anyways, things I have noticed is that when i try to turn it on the power LED lights up then the hard disk LED starts flashing for like 1 second and then both lights turn off. The monitor remains off. Also, the battery still has a bit of juice in it, because when i try it without the cord, same results. Another interesting observation is that the LED to show battery /power cord use is never on anymore. Even when everything is shut... that light remains off. Any ideas? All clarification questions will be answered promptly. Thanks again.

axlmed

·
Registered
54 Posts
Try wiggling the connection. If wiggling affects the problem, then it's probably an issue with the connection on the motherboard itself and will need to be replaced.

Also, check the AC adapter brick and see if the light is on. If it is not, unplug it from the system and see if it comes back on. If not, unplug the power cord from the wall and the back of the adapter, then plug them back in.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wiggling the cord does nothing to fix the problem. Also the light on the brick is turned on. Thanks for that idea though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the same problem. Supposedly Dell has a faulty motherboard on the 600m's. There is a trick to some which is to press F7 and F8 really hard as soon as you turn it on. I think it was some connection problem up top and if you push really hard in that area it will boot. Other than that it's a motherboard problem in which it forgets how to operate because it will randomly change its BIOS settings. That's all I can say to try and help.
Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.