Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. I just joined here so cut me some slack if theres already a thread on this. I searched and i couldn't find anything.

To start off with here are my basic specs -

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
Memory: 512 MB
GPU/GFX: nVidia GeForce 7800 gs oc

Now here is my problem:
Every now and again (like 2 times a day) my computer over heats out of clear blue. I have a heat monitor to make sure the comp actually is overheating and its not. The temperature levels are normal but it still overheats. I do play video games (Call of Duty 4) and this causes stress on the computer but the crashing never happens while in game. This only happens when I'm sitting on the desktop doing nothing like I am now. Once while i was at church it overheated with nothing running. I totally confused and I would like to know if there is a simple solution. I really dont want to buy anything to upgrade the comp because my parents agree that if there isnt a easy solution that they will buy a new comp for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks
- kashmir

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Hi,
borrow a different power supply for a couple of hours and see if the problem persists.
Or, install an intake fan at the front of your case, and an output fan at the rear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.