Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my laptop has been working fine in fact just a week ago I looked at the smart diagnostics and there were no detected issues.... anyways so I shut my laptop down the other night and when I tried to start it in the morning the blue power light came on and I could hear the fan but nothing displayed on the screen (no Dell Bios, no OS) and seconds later it shut off.... The issue does not seem to be heat related since I have given it time to cool off and my heat sink and fan are working fine..... I tried unplugging and taking battery out and holding power button for 30 seconds to see if this might resolve but still nothing.

My power cable and battery appear to be in working order.... any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a quick update:

I did BSOD testing.... hard Reset Failed.... Tried removing HDD it did not resolve BSOD... Tried checking RAM modules with known working RAM... no luck.... so I think at this point it is likely CPU or motherboard.

This is a Dell Inspiron 1525 that was bought in 2005.... I upgraded the memory so maybe its just time to get another laptop unless I can get a new CPU for cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.