Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to fix my friends dell inspiron 1000 laptop because it is constantly freezing and just doesnt work. ive tried all i know wat to do and now i just need to know how to do a complete system recovery on it. it did come with a installation disk, but that is too much trouble. ive had the same problems with my laptop 1150 and i submitted a thread about the same issues and asked about a system recovery option. mine i think iwas hitting an F key and i got the screen to do a recovery. but i tried it on my friends and no luck. if ne one has the same type of laptop, 1000, and knows how to do what im wanting to do, please let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
If this laptop has an HDD recovery system then that's where you start. It varies form system to system how to run it, but you'll usually see what keys to press when you boot. My Acer tells me to "Press F10 to begin recovery" when it's at the BIOS screen. If it doesn't have that then get into the BIOS and set the first boot device to the CD/DVD drive and boot up with the recovery CD in the drive.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What is the excact peoblem with the laptop????
any error messages. what program are you running when it freezes????

To a system recover on any Dell do the following step.
First if you bot the system after sept 2004 you will have the option to do a sys recovery.

On boot before post press the following
either tap both ctrl+f11 keys together, or hold in the ctrl key and tap f11 key. either way it will work
This should help if you don't have the onboard image recovery then you will have to do a full format reinstall of your O.S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.