Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I obtained a Dell P4 GX240 desktop PC and I am currently having troubles powering it on. I swapped all the necessary cables from my previous PC into this new Dell PC and for some strange reason, I cannot get it to power on. The LED lights are working inside the tower (RAM and the outside power button) meaning the Power Supply Cable is working; however, the power button on the PC is flashing. I can't seem to find the alternate power switch on the back of the tower. I don't think this switch even exists! Anyways, I tried the basic troubleshooting techniques to begin and still no luck. Here is the steps I have already completed:

Test the electrical outlet with alternate device

Connected the computer power cable directly to an electrical outlet

Checked for interference

This PC should be in working order. All I had to do was take it and install some ram and spyware apps and that's it. If I bring it back the customer would think I had something to do with it not being able to power up. (Also, the customer didn't power it up themselves, so they are not to blame!)

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Duke

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Follow Up

Hello,

I was able to fix the problem. I did a little back traccking and discovered the problem. It was the RAM.

duke

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.