Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Quick problem... I fixing this dell for a friend and when I reformatted the hard drive and installed a fresh new installation of XP Home on it. Found all the drivers on the dell website, but there was two multimedia audio controller the driver on the dell website took care of one of them, but one reminds.

There hasn't been no upgrades to the computer standard stock dell dimension 3000.

Do anybody know the name of the driver and where to find it?

·
TSF Enthusiast
1,153 Posts
Hi and welcome!

The most common ones I have seen on a Dell that come up as AUDIO are the modems. Could you provide us with the HARDWARE ID of the device that is not installed?

• Access the DEVICE MANAGER (START, right click MY COMPUTER, PROPERTIES, HARDWARE, DEVICE MANAGER button)
  • Right click on the device in question
  • Select PROPERTIES
  • DETAILS TAB
  • HARDWARE IDs in the drop down (there may be more than one)
  • Also, if you can get the DEVICE INSTANCE ID that should do also

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hardware ID:

PCI\\VEN_1102&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_10071102&REV_00
PCI\\VEN_1102&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_10071102
PCI\\VEN_1102&DEV_0007&CC_040100
PCI\\VEN_1102&DEV_0007&CC_0401

Instance ID

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_10071102&REV_00\4&1C660DD6&0&10F0

·
TSF Enthusiast
1,153 Posts
Hi and thanks for the update...

I do have a question about your system. Have you added a sound card to it since you bought it or did you have one added to it when you bought it?

That ID is for a Sound Blaster card and most of the 3000's shipped with integrated AD198x devices.

Can you provide the service tag number for this system?

Thanks!

·
TSF Enthusiast
1,153 Posts
I will check your system specs at Dell to see what may have been added to the system.

Here is a link to the Sound Blaster Site:

http://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx?nDriverType=1#type_1

They also have a special one for Dell installed products, but until I check your service tag against their information I'm not sure if they installed it or someone else did it for you. The above link should fix it for you. Here is the one from SB for Dell too.

http://support.creative.com/Product...RSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_1853,VARSET=CategoryID:1

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.