Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dell AIO 942 won't print yellow. (The test page has a blank where it should be, and the printer cleaning bars (printed out on the paper) are without the yellow bars completely.) I've tried two new cartridges, cleaned the nozzles repeatedly, even reinstalled the driver software, but the yellow won't print. It must be a failure of the HARDWARE. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? Thanks. I don't think there's much I can do about it.

I didn't want to post TWO new threads at once, so my other question is:

I went and bought a used Epson Stylus Photo R300 at a used equipment store, and it included the driver on a CD-R. My only problem with the printer is that it prints out photos on glossy paper so DARK. I've even gone into advanced settings and pushed the brightness to +25 and the contrast to -10, but still the light/dark value is so much darker than the image of the file on my monitor. It wasn't like this with my Dell. Any suggestions? I'm about to take this Epson back for credit.

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,889 Posts
Sounds like the Dell has failed.

As for the Epson, your only option is to manually adjust the settings for each type of paper (as you have already tried).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.