Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ran into a problem with my conviently out of warrantee Inspiron 9100 last night. I was using the computer running off battery power, then shut it down about half-way through the battery. When i came back an hour later to turn it on, the power light turns on for about 3 seconds and then all power shuts off. I thought maybe the battery was dead, so i plugged it into the AC adapter. Once i did that the battery started charging until it reached full power, however the computer would not turn on with the battery or with just the wall power (battery removed from case).

On the strip of lights that usually show "POWER / HARD DRIVE ACTIVITY / BATTERY / WALL POWER" the only one that lights up is the battery light, now its off because the battery is fully charged (it blinks every 10seconds or so)

Am i looking at a completely bad motherboard? I pricechecked these and they are outrageous. Also if i decide to just sell this computer for parts and build a new one is there any way to attach my hard drive to another computer. I bought a notebook adapter when i had hard drive issues a few months ago but dell uses some specific interface with its hard drives.

any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Powering up and then shutting off can mean alot of things.

Try removing the memory if easily accessible and then reinstall it.
Try removing the battery and only power up using the AC adapter.

I might suggest taking it to someone familar with Dell Laptops.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.