Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PC has the "Worm.Sobig.F" virus. My McAfee Security Center is supposedly updated but it cannot find the virus. Does anyone know how I can delete it off of my machine or at least find it? Thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Chevy. For some reason, however, the program states that it could not find the virus. I followed the instructions to a "T" and ran the tool several times. I'm pretty sure my PC has the virus because I constantly get "Returned Mail" emails from accounts when the virus tried to send emails using my email account. Oh, well. Maybe I'll try something else to get rid of it.....

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Other ways

Do you have a second system that you can mount the drive in? This way you can scan in without the infection being active.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
PCPatrick said:
Thanks, Chevy. For some reason, however, the program states that it could not find the virus. I followed the instructions to a "T" and ran the tool several times. I'm pretty sure my PC has the virus because I constantly get "Returned Mail" emails from accounts when the virus tried to send emails using my email account. Oh, well. Maybe I'll try something else to get rid of it.....
Actually, the returned emails are probably spoofed addresses from someone that has you in their address book, you need to look at how this virus works. I've been getting some of those, and I'm 100% certain that I don't have the virus on any of my machines in the network.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.