Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm unable to install new internet security because it says I already have bitdefender 9 on my computer (havn't had it for over a year now).

I have deleted the program folders and followed a guide to deleting any related files in the registries, but when I run 'find' in the registries for 'bitdefender' there are a number of files which it won't allow me to delete, giving the message 'Error deleting values: unable to delete all specified values'.

These are the files:

Name Type Data
DeviceDesc Reg_SZ BitDefender Firewall TDI Filter
DeviceDesc Reg_SZ BitDefender Scan Server
DeviceDesc Reg_SZ BitDefender Desktop Update Service
DeviceDesc Reg_SZ BitDefender Virus Shield
DeviceDesc Reg_SZ BitDefender Communicator

If anybody could give me any hints as to how to get rid of these files it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

TJO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I ran the program and cleared all the things it found, but then ran another search of the registries and the files were still there :4-dontkno

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Right click on the ones that won't go away and click "Permissions".

Make sure your user group (or you) have Full Control.

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Follow hopper's advice and you should get it sorted but be sure to back up tyhe registry keys before deleting them....just incase :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right click on the ones that won't go away and click "Permissions".

Make sure your user group (or you) have Full Control.
That did the trick! I got rid of them, only problem is, I still can't install my new internet security software because it says BitDefender 9 is still on my computer! Argh!!!

Nothing in the registry shows up when I search for 'bitdefender', and there doesn't seem to be anything I can see in program files etc, if anybody can think of what I might be missing could you please let me know?

Thanks,

TJO

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Have you tried searching the registry for softwin?

Also, check BitDefender's website as they may have a tool which you can use to manually remove registry entries.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I've deleted all things 'Softwin' related aswell. I just had a look on the site and came across some good articles with instructions which look like they will get it done. Thanks very much :grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.