Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I uh.. Deleted the whole 'CLSID' from the registry on my gaming PC (it was an attempt to remove some stuff left by some unwanted programs) and now the damned thing wont even boot up.

So I can't get in to do a System Restore or anything. It wont even let me get into settings fom the boot up. It just freezes.

I tried putting in the WIndows disc to see if I could repair it, but it wont read it. It's completely ruined.

I've got so much stuff on that PC I would die if I lost it to a format D:

There HAS to be a fix to this, anyone out there have any ideas?

I'm thinking along the lines of something I can download, write to a floppy disk, then during bott up, have it inject all the original Windows XP registry files.

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Deleting CLSID should not leave your cd-rom inoperable so you should still be able to perform a repair installation. What happens when you try booting from the disc (exact error message if possible please)?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deleting CLSID should not leave your cd-rom inoperable so you should still be able to perform a repair installation. What happens when you try booting from the disc (exact error message if possible please)?
No error. It just wont load. It freezes during the boot (on the part where it says "Press delete to enter setup", which is the first thing to come up when turning the computer on. It wont let me do anything at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.