Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running windows 2000 on my home computer. There were 3 user profiles listed, administrator, guest and my own - of which I deleted. No passwords were set for the other profiles.
When I boot up, it's asking me to logon - if I try to use either administrator or guest or anything for that matter, I cannot logon. Cannot cancel out either. Please help!

·
Registered
852 Posts
An administrative password would have to been selected during setup. Remembering it will be the only way to get back into your system. Pay attention to passwords for they are case sensitive. Did you set it up? Try hard to remember, I'm pretty sure it' the only easy way in. Anyone know a hack or something?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Not necessarily.. I did a quick search of my sources on this sort of matter, and a mostly found brute force programs, but I came accross a word doc describing a technical persepective of a normal user setting up win2k based on prior win98 knowledge, and basically unless dyvchyna made a consious effort of setting up the admin password it is probably blank. ( this is based on the win98 concept of "press enter if you don't want to enter a password again) So dyvchyna I know you said that neither the Guest or admin account worked for logging in, but guest definately should, and as JAMMAN said you should really try to remeber the admin password, if there even is one, otherwise this could get pretty complicated. (atleast as far as my knowledge extends in this matter) Keep us updated, and I'll make sure you get your PC back.

·
Administrator, Automotive Team Manager
5,295 Posts
Is it running NTFS or FAT file system?
MT

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Tisk..Tisk

Anyway you MUST have set up an Admin Password on setup, it nearly the last screen and it must be entered , you cannot skip it or avoid it, it is there, so you must have typed something.. Try space then enter if you realy dont think you typed anything.

If that does not work and the drive is formated NFS then your only chance is to Brute the password. Cracking programs can be found on Morphious, just make sure you have antivirus program installed and updated before attempting to download any type of cracking software, .. and of course if this is your only computer then that wont help very much anyway. There is a backdoor Admin password in all Versions of Win2000 except I belive build 1401 or 1100 anyway look around for it, I dont remember what it is and cant recall where I saw it at but it does work I have used it before.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Okay... I'm not sure if I should admit to knowing this, or post this info in a place where newbies could find it, but if you rlooking for a brute force cracker.. stay the He11 away Morpheus, Kazaa, or any peer to peer for that matter. Blackcode Ravers will have everything you need in the way of bruteforce... and as for the Win2K backdoor I'd suggest a few places to start your search System Security Portal and finally Astalavista

p.s. Danrak... please don't ban me I'm only being helpful :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
That hurts..

ok so Morpheus is not very good, and it is loaded with viruses and is slow, full of spyware but, if you have AV software and alot of time on your hands it can get the job done.... anyway the website you listed Valiant is a good choice, I have gone there a few times, I just didnt know being new if I should be giving out what are basicaly "hacker sites" oh well.. :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
I believe there is a fine line between support and hacking, my friends. Anyone with internet has access to the "hacker" sites and if you use a backdoor code to hack into a computer you bought and paid for- who can call it a crime?

I am only opposed to using cracked versions of software to MAKE MONEY. What you play with in the privacy of your home for fun is your business.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
No offense intended Tech, I was simply trying to keep others away from the downside of morpheus/ other Peer2Peer stuff. There is nothing wrong with them( BTW Morpheus has been bought out and has gone clean..no spyware...LOL) I personally wasn't too afraid to give away "hacker sites" because the intention of them is security...except for the fact that they are used in the "black arts" they are a great source of info and I would highly recommend anything you can find on those sites as good reading material..... Okay I was a little afraid of Danrak, but thats just cuz he has that scary dragon pic...LOL anyway congrats Tech... no offense intended, I like your style ( it's similar to mine) and I look forward to "working" with you.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
No worry's

I dont think I can be offended, years and years of dealing with users who think that Im the cause of everything wrong with everything in their computer, from the size to the style :) has made me immune.

And I do see what you are saying not such a good site to be giving out, guess that was my bad idea for the year.... now what am I going to do :tounge:

·
Administrator, Automotive Team Manager
5,295 Posts
Hey dyvchyna, go to www.nttoolbox.com and check out "Nt admin boot disk". As long as you're not running SYSKEY it will allow you to change passwords in NT4 and 2000. This is one program I have archived onto a CD and have made SEVERAL of the floppys with the program.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.