Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a HP latpop which has 256GB M.2 (OS) and 1TB HDD (Files). Recently I upgraded my M.2 to a larger capacity. When I am about to do a clean install, I accidentally deleted the 1TB from the Windows Setup. Problem is I can't find my external drive back-up. I didn't format the 1TB. Is there a way I can recover the files? I already tried EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and Disk Drill. But unsuccessful.

Thank you in advance!

Font Screenshot Software Technology Electronic device

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Number

·
Global Moderator
42,228 Posts
You will need another 1 TB drive or larger to restore your files to. Download DiskGenius in my signature. Select your Disk with the deleted partition(s) go to the toolbar to Tools to Search Lost Partitions (Partition Recovery) This will probably take a very long time, probably overnight. If it finds your partitions and files, you can restore them to the other 1TB drive you got for this recovery. You can also try Minitool Data Recovery.
If that fails, I have had the best luck with GetDataBack. You still need to restore to a different drive of the same size or larger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need another 1 TB drive or larger to restore your files to. Download DiskGenius in my signature. Select your Disk with the deleted partition(s) go to the toolbar to Tools to Search Lost Partitions (Partition Recovery) This will probably take a very long time, probably overnight. If it finds your partitions and files, you can restore them to the other 1TB drive you got for this recovery. You can also try Minitool Data Recovery.
If that fails, I have had the best luck with GetDataBack. You still need to restore to a different drive of the same size or larger.
thank you spunk.funk. i was able to recover yesterday all my files. i'll take note all of the software you recommended. thanks for your time to reply to my post. cheers!

·
Global Moderator
42,228 Posts
Now is a good time to make an Image File of that drive or Cloud Service and save it to a different drive as a backup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts