Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in to internet options and clicked on delete browsing history. The box appeared and the history started to delete. But ... it won't stop deleting. I clicked on "OK" but it still won't stop, I tried clicking out of it and it still won't stop. I rebooted, tried it again and the same thing happened! Help!

·
Registered
178 Posts
What do you mean by "it won't stop deleting"? Are you saying that it says it's finished but then won't let you close out of it or are you saying that you want to close out of it while it's deleting and it won't let you?

Also, what version of IE are you using?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response!

The blue rectangles run from left to right while the deleting process is happening. When all have been deleted they stop running and then in the past I have just clicked out of it. But now...the blue rectangles have been running for the last 3 hours! When I click on the "X" in upper right corner, nothing happens, when I click on "CANCEL" I just hear a "ding" sound. It happened in version 7 - so I upgraded to 8 - and now it's still happening. I've tried it after re-booting and the same thing happens... this is so weird!

Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.