Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay I have a primary ATA 160 GB western digital internal HDD and a secondary ATA 80 GB Western Digital internal HDD. For some reason my secondary drive gives me a delayed write failed message. Sometimes when im working on it other times It just happenes. I googled this and I got things like "the hdd is failing" "the Cable is going bad" but neiother of these could be cause the secondary hdd is new and so is the cable. What could be going on here? here are my specs

A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo
1 gb of RAM
AMD 3500+ cpu
Nforce 6600 video card
160 GB internal primary WD HDD
80 GB internal secondary WD HDD

all help would be great.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is any1 going to respond to this? If any1 can uggest anything that would be nice or at least tell me that you are unsure.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had the same error with 2 Western digital drives. I thought is was a probelem with the IO controller initially. But both drives failed within 3 months (with rather nasty clicking sounds). They were both WD800JB (SE) 80GB drives.

I now buy Seagate drives.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Absolutley, mine both failed within 6 months of purchase. First one only lasted 3 months, the second held on a little longer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I updated my chipset driver and I think things may be jimdanady but I still have to see for sure. Ill post an update in a few dfays if the problem went away. Thanks to all the people who pitched in some info and stuff like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.