Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok basically I currently have achieved a National diploma in ICT Software Development which was a 2 year course. But now I'm not sure whether I want to go to university and continue or go out there and earn money. I've already taken a year out and not sure whether i'll be any better off with a degree. Many people I know in the UK have said that they found it hard and could of done just as well without university. Any help?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Congrats.. I got my B.S in computer Science a year ago. I just took the year off to study for my masters work..
O would keep going as the pay rate goes up sooo much..
Ya the bills will pile up, but once you get the B.S or master you can pay em off in a year!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice I've been looking at programming jobs especially using C language and some are paying £40k upwards and that is some real motivation. I got all Distinctions at diploma level which gives me 320 points so i could go somewhere like Manchester or Kingston University in London.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Ya and if you move up a little, you can earn up to 80k here in the states. Thats why I am going for my masters now..
For my kids and me of course.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really but how tough is it to get a visa to live there, I guess quite difficult? Well I have until the 18th of Jan to apply so going to do some good hard thinking!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.