Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a total newbie and need help. I will try to explain the situation as best I can.

The symptom: I can no longer defrag my PC. Whenever I run Diskeeper, my Raid card starts beeping and the array must be rebuilt.

The system: Windows 2000 Professional. Super Trak SX6000, Raid 5 Array, four 80gig hard drives on channels 1,3,5,and 6.

The history: I recently ran Norton's Speed Disk (I was using Diskeeper 7.0 without any problems) and about 75% of the way through, the raid card started beeping and the optimizing stopped. When I restarted, the array needed to be rebuilt (channel 6). I gave up on Speed Disk and decided to go back to Diskeeper. The first thing I noticed was the previously large "Reserved System Space" area was missing from the graphical display. Within minutes of running Diskeeper, the raid card started beeping and the channel needed rebuilding again. I went to Promise's website and followed the recovery procedure by deleting the array, then creating a new array (without any data loss). I also reinstalled Diskeeper (with the new second edition update) and the problem remains the same - I can't defag.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.