Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a Samsung SP2004C SATA Hard Drive. when i installed windows xp onto it the screen either goes black for a good 30 seconds before the windows loading logo comes up or it shows a really dark shadow looking version of the windows logo. Then after i am in windows everything loads up really slow like IE,outlook,messenger ect ect. It also makes everything on my old IDE hard drive do the exact same thing while it's plugged in but when i unplug it i stop getting those symptoms on the IDE drive. i've tried plugging it in all 4 SATA connectors.

Now normally i would think it's a defective hard drive but that doesnt explain the fact that the volume control wont load and it tells me there are no audio devices installed. So i think maybe it is conflicting with my audio or tv card right? so i moved those around like musical chairs on different PCI slots and it still does the same thing. However the old IDE drive doesnt seem to be having these same audio/tv problems just the new SATA drive but it has the same slow down symptoms. Any ideas?

·
retired
1,966 Posts
What is the motherboard model?

Are the SATA, SCSI Controllers active during post?

Did you follow the mobo's user manual for BIOS settings and to install appropriate drivers during windows setup (used F6 with the appropriate SATA, SCSI drivers)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i tried installed SATA controllers and it's still doing the same thing. i have a gigabyte GA-K8NS ULTRA-939. these are the drivers i used .

Silicon Image 3112 / 3512 SATA Driver (Preinstall driver, press F6 during Windows* setup to read from floppy) 1.1.0.52 Win2000, WinXP, server 2003

are those the right ones?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.