Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, im pretty much a regular on techsupportforum, my computer just keeps getting problems, huh. lol, well, i just got this problem and i havent heard of many getting this problem so im going to post it here. when i double click my hard drive, the search dialogue comes up. Basically, the default option for my hard drive is to Search it instead of Open. How do i change the folder option defaults or watever?

http://tinypic.com/dra3xc.jpg

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
A driver maybe malfunctioning because some files have become corrupted. See if the
following will help.

1. Double-click My Computer from your desktop, then right-click the drive you want to check.

2. Click Properties, then click Tools.

3. Under Error-Checking click Check Now.

4. Select the check disk options you want to use(I would select Automatically fix file system errors), then click Start.

XP is kinda' picky when it comes to drivers so try and use signed drivers. You can use a tool within XP that will verify all of your unsigned drivers, to do this

1. Click Start>Run, type sigverif click OK. The File Signature Verification will open.

2. Click Advanced to open the Advanced File Signature Verification Settings.

3. Click Look for Files that are not digitally signed.

4. In the Look in box type, C:\WINDOWS then click OK.

5. Click Start to begin the verification process.

When the process is complete you may/may not see a list of programs with unsigned driver files.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Just did that sigverif etc and 90 out of 128 of my drivers are unsigned it says.
And thats without any problems with the computer lol.
Interesting though. :grin:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Default Search???

Just what I meant by picky XP. Go figure :rolleyes: Some systems run perfectly with unsigned drivers some don't. That's Bill for ya' :laugh: .

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok... so the chdsk didnt work, and the sigverf thing didnt do anything.... wat am i suppose to do with the list... i got 283 files, 36 are signed, 231 arent signed, with 16 files not scanned.... ok.... wat do i do with this info.... theres no button saying sign them or anything.... no wat...

how was that suppose to help me??? :sad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.