Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to change the default settings of a font substitution that a printer uses? I know how to change it (Control Panel->Select Printer->Device Settings->Font Substitution Table, etc.), but the problem is that every time the printer is restarted, it goes back to the default settings, and I'm about at the end of my rope with this problem, as it occurs and reoccurs almost on a weekly basis.

Is there a way to reset the default setting to what I want?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Kati

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a Xerox Phaser 6250. I checked the settings at the printer and saw nothing in any of the menus, nothing in the user manuals, etc. The only place I see anything about font subsitution is in the printer properties settings, where I have been changing the font substitution, but obviously that does nothing for the default substitution settings.

I'm wondering if this is a Windows setting (which is why I posted it in the Windows forum) because this happens on every printer we have (this is at my work). The font I want it to use is Monotype Sorts, which as I understand it is a special font that does not come with Windows by default, but it is replaced with ZapfDingbats, which I'm assuming is a Windows default font.

Any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.