Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem that when I click on a "mailto" link I get the above error and then 50 Web pages open up. After a bit of research I found and tried the following:

1. Use a different mail client, I changed from Outlook to Hotmail but I still had the same problem.

2. On another site it suggested that the string may be broken in the registry so said to eneter "url protocol" as a string under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Mailto.

When I tried to do this is comes up with an error saying "Cannot open Mailto: Error while opening key"

Does anyone have any ideas of how to sort this out? My computer has only recently started to do this and was previously working fine. It does not cause major problems as I can copy the address manually but wanted to check to see if it may be anything more sinister.

Thanks

G

·
Superhuman Computer
1,632 Posts
Try merging the attached registry file with your registry. Download the file, remove the .txt extension thendouble click on the file. Click the Yesy button then OK, and try to click on a mailto: link.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but....

When i try to do that I get an message saying that there is an error accessing the registry.

Is there anything else that you can recomend?

Thanks

G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.