Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt know where to put this...but anyway.

Anyone know of any decent free web hosts? What I mean by it is a host without popups/ads/annoying stuff?

Nothing special in particular - I just need some space and simple hosting, and I really hate places that give you popups or ads...they just ruin the site.

And with this topic...google is a nightmare! Someone please help!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I started my own free webhost and my own server, for the same reason you just described, to get away from ads. If you want I can host your account. I don't have PHP or MySql, but I can handle HTML files fine and other file types and I have FTP upload capabilities. I am also real leanient on filespace, base space starts at 25MB but I can add more if needed.

I won't show any ads or popups. To sign up, pm me or visit http://www.network.rusnakweb.com

Hope it helps
BMR777

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
I run my own server to avoid space constrains, PHP/SQL/Mail/etc issues, COST, and distance. It's on the floor right here next to me humming away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried in the past of hosting my own site...but to be honest, it was too complicated, and since I didnt have an extra PC its quite laggy. Not to mention all my time was setting up the site, not actually designing and adding content to it. I also dont know much about security in a sense of hosting a web server, and I'm not really wanting to expose my computer that much.

Like I said though, I really dont mind not having a lot of space, it just needs to be ad free. And I do thank the first reply for offering to host, but I must respectivly decline.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
337 Posts
Hi Carter,

just out of interest, why did you decline BRM's offer? Free hosting without ads is what you asked for, and that's what was offered. I'm not knocking you at all, after all it's your decision to make.. just intrigued.. :4-dontkno :sayyes:

Cheers

Liam

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the delay - my internet has been on/off all week.

I declined because..well, it seemed like it was kind of personal, in a sense that someone was offering their own services, and, at the time of posting this topic, I was looking for something specific. And also (for me anyway), I really never get offered any services.

I did forget to mention however that I declined for the time being. After looking though many searches, I realize what I was looking for was uncommon, so I might have a look at the hosting BMR was offering.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
My Host (I Power web) costs me $116 a year for 800meg space and 40gig monthly bandwidth. no adds and simple to use. It's not free but I have had no problems with them.
Note: I am not pushing this on you. Just thought I would point out that there are benifits in having a paid for service.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
337 Posts
Hi Carter,

And also (for me anyway), I really never get offered any services.
Get used to it.. :sayyes: you start hanging around here long enough and you'll get offered so much help and advice and stuff you won't have time to do it all. :grin:

That's what TSF is all about. If someone can help you out somehow they will, or they'll find someone that can.

Don't forget that once you've got yourself a host, you'll probably need a few free tools to help you build it, a bit of advice/help on how to get some top notch graphics designed and incorporated into your site, and of course how to code it. Once it's done you'll have a drop dead gorgeous site, and you'll still have people queuing up to help you out whenever you need it.

So, whether you take up BRM's offer or not, come back and we'll help you do the rest if you need it,

Cheers

Liam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.