Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recentently installed Zone Alarm, and then found my file transfers in AIM now only worked ougoing, but not incoming. I had no problems with it before. I was able to send and receive with no problems. So I tried uninstalling zone alarm. Still no return to status. Then I tried reinstalling it, AIM, deadaim, and changing and opening all ports. Still no incoming transfers. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Is there anyway to get it working again? Thanks so much in advance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
ZoneAlarm is tricky. If u uninstall it, you'll be prevented from using anything that you didnt already added to the approve list of ZoneAlarm. It's a P.I.T.A. Make sure to first, shutdown zone alarm. Than disable it from starting up. It should be in your startup folder in your start menu. than restart. If it doesn't restart, than uninstall zonealarm, restart and see if it lets you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the funny thing. I had ZA completely unistalled. But here's what's even weirder, I just switched to an earlier verision of AIM and transfers worked again. It was really odd because I was convinced that it was a port blockage. But if anyone else has problems like what I had, I suggest playing around with versions of AIM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.