Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having lots of issues lately with my internet and have lots of questions. // My current setup is a Spectrum 150mbs plan with a Nighthawk AC1750 in our office space on the main floor. My setup unfortunately is across the house upstairs. I have messed with internet range extenders of all types. // I am wondering if it would be recommended to pick up the TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh system. I am just looking to wire both my xbox and pc for gaming. // I am currently wirelessly getting about 5mbps in the upstairs room but with the 1 ethernet port NETGEAR wireless extender i use, i get about 15mbps // i am just looking for opinions on a mesh system //

My main question is it even possible to have both the main Nighthawk Router AND the TP-Link Deco’s running at the same time. The reason for both is that my father uses the Nighthawk which is positioned directly in the office, and i plan on using the Deco’s to eliminate the dead zone in the upstairs room.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,785 Posts
The mesh system beats the repeaters. Too bad your upstairs unit isn't directly over the router or an Ethernet cable would work better than Wi-Fi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mesh system beats the repeaters. Too bad your upstairs unit isn't directly over the router or an Ethernet cable would work better than Wi-Fi.
Unfortunately not possible to be wired as i would run a cable across our ground floor and up stairs and such.
So is it possible for me to use a mesh system in unison with my dads nighthawk he has placed in the office?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You wouldn’t need the nighthawk with the mesh system. I use google WiFi mesh system. I have 5 levels to my house. Works perfectly.
Is it possible for me to use both? My father still wants to keep the nighthawk in the office, I want to use the TP-Link Deco’s to eliminate the dead zone in my room

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,785 Posts
IMO the mesh system replaces what you have. That's the reason for the recommendation. It's not like your stuff + additional repeaters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMO the mesh system replaces what you have. That's the reason for the recommendation. It's not like your stuff + additional repeaters.
So it’s not possible to run both the nighthawk and the mesh system? as my father wants to keep the nighthawk for his multiple ethernet ports and i want to use the mesh to help my area out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.