Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i turn on the power button all the fans work except for the one that is plugged in for cpu fan. the monitor is also blank with no signal. i have tried

*processor test it warms up
*taking out the rams and no beep but it restarts my computer
*i tried to reset bios but no cmos jumpter i took out the battery and put em back after 1min
*tried unplugging power cord and pressing the turn on button for 30sec and reconnecting
*i plugged the cpu cooler on another comput it works

none of the above worked ;(

so im woundering is it because that my motherboard is dead?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no i do not. first i was able to boot into the bios and everything then i got the blue screen so i took the parts out and reconnected then it got even worse so i ended up with the problem i am having now

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i pluged the reapplied thermal paste to the heat sink and have the power for the fan to be connected to the system fan isntead of the cpu fan. the fan will turn and it loaded the logo for the bio but then it says bio error and i loaded default and when it restarted it doesn't show anything on the screen and but now the fan does turn when its plugged into the system fan slot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
actually now the problem is a little better... its stuck in the load up screen with the press del to enter setup and press tab to post screen. but plugging the fan to cpu fan doesn't work still i have to plug it to the system fan slot for it to spin. it loaded up earlier but then when i try to install windows it showed a error cause i forgot to plug in my cdroom drive. now i just cant get pass the boot up screen have to hold down the power button to turn it off. i also tried clearing cmos again it didn't solve the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i did after clearing the first time it said bio error so i hit the default option and then it restarted. then i tried to install windows and then cause of no cdroom was in place it poped up with a error so then it restarted. so now im having this problem

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it is stuck at the "press del to enter bios" screen and what is a ps2 style?
but i've had this keyboard for quite a while and i can always enter bio b4 by pressing del when it was working

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.