Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Okay, first off. Nothings wrong with the network. It works perfectly fine. :D

So, question: My sister came home and runs some stupid-*** server and uploads **** day and night. The uploads just KILL any and all connection I have. It's like I'm stuck using some super-slow dial-up. Pages that load instantly now take like 15 seconds. It's ridiculous. Anyway, I need to know how I can tell the router or the computer or whatever to MINIMIZE upload rate so it's using as little of the connection as possible and I am thus able to use more and actually play my online games. How would I go about this?

Mod edit: remove profanity.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,349 Posts
First off, lose the profanity, we don't allow that here.

I'd say this is a family problem, not a technical issue. The solution is going to be limiting what is almost certainly a P2P connection on her computer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not a family problem or a technical issue. It's more of asking for a how-to guide to limit connectivity for uploading on certain computers on a home wlan.

Also, it's not P2P for torrenting. She runs a server for a game and has to upload installers to mirror sites so people can download it.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,349 Posts
Still sounds like a family issue. For most standard home grade SOHO routers, there is no practical bandwidth control. You need a better router if you want to control this outside her machine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.