Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! i am new here would to ask for assistance. I am upgrading my computer from SDRAM to DDRam. But the problem is that my mother board is not reading DDR Memory that i am putting. It is only reading SDR's
I am using a ECS P4 mother board. It has 2 slots for SDR and 2 slots for DDR. Any help would be much appreciated.. thanks!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
welcome to tsf
on dual memory boards , its either ddr or sdr, you cant cant mix and match

you would probably have to clear the cmos to change the memory, but also check your motherboard's manual for any jumpers or dip switches that might need to be changed also

post back

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply! i am not mixing SDR and DDR. i am upgrading from 256Mb SDR to 512 DDR. But my motherboard can't seem to detect the DDR. How do I clear the CMOS?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Take out the motherboard battery for 30mins then put back in, or if u have the motherboard manual handy then you can find some 'jumpers' which will clear the CMOS. btw jumpers are usually 3 pins in a close line formation on your motherboardwith a black thing on them that only covers 2 of the pins, when you move it along one step across the pins you are 'jumping'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.