Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently bought a DDR Dane-Elec 512MB Dram card, and I tried to combine it with my DDR TwinMOS 256MB Dram card, if I use the program "Start --> Run" and I type dxdiag, it displays that I have 768MB of ram, but everything works really slow, and I can't even open some program's because it says I don't have enough memory left.

How can I stop this problem? The cards work perfectly if they are alone, but they won't stack together. Would Windows XP solve this problem? Or is it just impossible to let a "DDR TwinMOS 256MB Dram" and a "DDR Dane-Elec 512MB Dram" Card work?

My Computer Specs:

Windows 98 SE
(Currently 512MB dram)
Graphic card Ati radeon 9550
Pentium 4 2,4Ghz processor

·
Registered
682 Posts
hi and welcome to TSF

The max memory that windows 98 can handle is 512, and yes xp would fix that problem.

check out this link for more info.

I found this on another forum it might help
Hello,

Outer Technologies' Cacheman claims to patch Microsoft Windows 98 systems so they can use more than 512MB of memory.

Alternately, you can try editing the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI file, going to the [vcache] section (or creating one if none is present) and adding a line which reads
MaxFileCache=524288
to the section, which allows Windows to properly allocate memory for file caching. Fore more details, see this Microsoft knowledge base article.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.