Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The whole time I have had my mac dashboard has worked fine, but I recently downloaded a new widget and now whenever I try to use another widget that I downloaded, Dashboard will crash. The strange thing is that when I use an apple widget (the ones that came with the computer) it works fine.

Please can you help me!!!

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,608 Posts
You need to delete the offending widget and it's preference file. Not all widget place nice together, so one may work on it's own, by it's self, but once you try to load another one, they crash. So, which ever widget that 1st caused the crashing, needs to get canned, and then you need to delete it's preference file, and maybe even Dashboard's as well, and then it should start working again.

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,608 Posts
And Dashboard is still crashing? I would make a folder on the Desktop and move all your widgets to it, and then delete all preference files relating to Dashboard. Click on Dashboard again, and if it crashes again, you will need to reinstall the OS. If it doesn't crash, move 2 or 3 widgets back and start it, and as soon as it crashes, you'll know which widget it could be, move them back out and then do one at a time until you crash and then you'll know other offending widget.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.