Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a D-Link G684T (4x Ethernet + WiFi) I just installed recently and had some issues getting ports forwarded properly to be able to dcc send files in mIRC.

My PC is running win2K, is connected to the modem via ethernet cable, has a static IP assigned and the port forwarding seemed to have worked ok... I could dcc send files, but only to some users. Some others (who I could always send to before using my old adsl-usb modem) could initiate transfers but no data got sent - until the connection just timed out.

I deleted my port-forwarding rules and just DMZ'd my PC with a software firewall. Same issue. Couldn't send to just one or two people. Rolled back to my old modem - sends complete to them no problem.

My question (before I return the D-Link for a refund) is if anyone has any idea what could cause only a handful of people not to be able to receive from me, while others receive with no problem at all?

Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm still fighting with this. I can't figure out why it would work with one modem and not the other... Nobody?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.