Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this in ad remove programs ( D-Link AirPlus ) when I try and remove it because it says that I rarely use it that I can't because an installation support file could not be installed, system cannot find the file.. do I need this as it comes in my system tray everytime I re start. If not how do I get rid of it??
thanks Tracey

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
The airplus.exe program is used by your computer to communicate with your dlink wireless lan card. It also performs some monitoring functions, and allows you to see various information regarding your wireless lan card. If this process is stopped your wireless lan card may not work correctly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so in otherwords it says in remove programs that it could not be installed, if I need it how can I take it out of my system tray atleast,? and how can I be sure it's installed

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
There is an uninstall utility for this device:

Hit the F8 key early and often at system startup. Choose Safe Mode.
Start button, All programs, Dlink utility, Uninstall

But I agree with GeekGirl above that this would be unwise to do if you in fact have the device installed and use it.

Do not put a great deal of credence in the entries of Add/Remove programs as to how often you use something, and whether that is a measure of its value to you. If you have this installed you use it every time you start your computer, no matter what Add/Remove says.

Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up Task Manager.

See if you do not have running processes called:
airplus.exe
reg.exe

The fact that there is an icon in the Notification Tray is also a good test. Right-click the icon and play with the choices presented. If you can do this, it is installed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks Bill.. I have tried to open Dlink from my system tray and it always said it was not installed, thats why I thought I'd get rid of it. funny enough I restarted my pc and for the first time I ever remember it didn't show up in the right corner. It's still under add remove programs, but I'll leave it if you think it would not be a good idea to delete
thanks again Tracey :)

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
do you use a dlink wireless card?

if yes, then you really want to leave it.

if no, then we can help you forcefully remove it.

if you don't know, it's not a bad plan to just leave it, as it isn't going to hurt anything being there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excuse me, I need desperately the DWL-G650+ AirPlusG+ drivers (not AirPlusExtremeG) for my wifi card in windows xp. In D-link´s page i couldn´t find anything at all. Please any help would be usefull. Thanks !

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
Excuse me, I need desperately the DWL-G650+ AirPlusG+ drivers (not AirPlusExtremeG) for my wifi card in windows xp. In D-link´s page i couldn´t find anything at all. Please any help would be usefull. Thanks !

you already have a thread on this topic.

you are sure to receive more accurate results if you stick to that one rather than pinning another onto someone else's.

this is just a reminder, no warning is being handed out for this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.