Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running a Compaq Persario 5724, im donating it (its an old macheine) but Im having problems, A while back windows XP was installed on here, it was installed as a New Install, and it looks as if though XP added a new Drive, after it was all installed, anyway my brother deleted everything in the C: Drive thus making D: the System_Save Drive, now I want to restore the computer using the restore disk originally provided with the computer, but for some reason there isnt enough space on the D: Drive (Its like 1 Gig lol) How can i get C:\ As My System Save Drive?:confused:

Someone Please Help :'(

·
STILL Stuck in a treestand....
929 Posts
First of all your going to need 2gig for XP if I'm not mistaken. There's a couple of ways I think you could handle this. However you said you were donating the computer so the best thing to do is just format it and do a fresh re-install. Win98 would also be alittle better on your laptop if it's an older one. Older laptops just don't run to well with XP not sure of the reason why but I've had several that have been brought to me and due to age, ram, processor speed, and HDD size the only option was to downgrade it back to 98. Hope that helped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the Hardrive on it is like 10 Gigs, but the thing is that when I installed XP, It was installed as a fresh install thus creating a new drive (D:\) and I say that it created a new drive, because I had never seen it before, now when I try to restore, it says that there is not enough space... Maybe thats Clearer.

Thanks for the response :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.