Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my HP computer with Win7 I use a Comcast email. Lately, using IE9 when I login, it returns me to the Comcast homepage and generates another Comcast tab. On the same computer, I acess other email accounts with IE without a problem. I can access the email account on the same computer using Firefox. I can access the email account on other computers using IE.
Both Comcast Tech support and Microsoft Tech want money before they will "attempt" to help. I have NO ClUE as to what is wrong or who can help.

·
TSF Enthusiast
908 Posts
Is this Comcast Homepage redirect happening when you log in to your PC, or when you open Internet Explorer 9?

When IE9 opens another Comcast tab, where does that point to?

/ Crit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I tried reset to default in IE9. The results are the same. I go from Comcast homepage and login after ticking the email logo. It then displays the "email preview" page. I tick on the "email" in the toolbar and it creates a new tab and displays the Comcast Homepage. If I begin again it does it all over only now there is a 3rd Comcast tab. and so on... It is now my contention that Comcast supplies Norton 360 and "Constant Guard" with "xfinity" for the sole purpose of having people believe that they are protected. When a REAL PROBLEM comes up ( ie. the problem I am describing or the 3 Trojans that
came up on my wife's laptop) They "generously' offer to fix or attempt to fix the problem for a mere $79 a shot. I am now using Microsoft Security Essentials.

·
Helper
4,126 Posts
I tried reset to default in IE9. The results are the same. I go from Comcast homepage and login after ticking the email logo. It then displays the "email preview" page. I tick on the "email" in the toolbar and it creates a new tab and displays the Comcast Homepage. If I begin again it does it all over only now there is a 3rd Comcast tab. and so on... It is now my contention that Comcast supplies Norton 360 and "Constant Guard" with "xfinity" for the sole purpose of having people believe that they are protected. When a REAL PROBLEM comes up ( ie. the problem I am describing or the 3 Trojans that
came up on my wife's laptop) They "generously' offer to fix or attempt to fix the problem for a mere $79 a shot. I am now using Microsoft Security Essentials.
Well, I don't work for nor have I any interest in (stocks, ya know) either company so Bully For You!

Sorry I couldn't help more - sometimes that's the way it is.

:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem that I am experiencing with my email continues. I apologize for "sounding off" and getting side tracked talking about "help" I thought I was paying for with my monthly TV and Internet service. My rant was intended to warn others who may believe that the protection is provided for FREE. Please let me know if anybody can help fix it. I will delte, if I am able to, my rant.

·
TSF Enthusiast
908 Posts
Honestly, I would roll yourself back to IE8.

It's likely your tabbed browsing settings, but there are many incompatibilities with IE9, and I'd wager that a browse around the Comcast site would likely lead to them stating such.

/ Crit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.