Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if there was anything that I could do to improve my video card for my online game play. It's a Ati Radeon 128mb 9000 Pro. And I don't believe I'm getting what I could out of it, FPS wise......... Any segestions? I'm guessing it's my processor speed (p4 1.5 ghtz) or my Ram (712 sd mb), any thoughts are welcome............

·
Registered
40 Posts
enable 8x AGP support if ur mobo supports it. Also try rage3dtweak. Set all details to their highest settings when playing games

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes well, your processor speed and memory bandwidth probably do slow that card down. One way to test that is do a couple different benchmarks from 3d games. FFXI benchmark, 3dmark whatever do a few so that you get some diversity. Overclock your video card a little bit, maybe just 5 mhz.
If there is no difference in the benchmark scores then it's your cpu/memory bandwidth acting as a bottleneck . If you get a nice increase say 25 more points on the benchmark then you can pretty much tell that the video cards speed is the bottleneck.
Overclocking the video card will have very little effect if your cpu is too slow. Overclocking the cpu will have very little effect if your video card is already pushing it's limit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.