Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have this combo, which will supposedly go at 850mhz, but I can only get 708 out of it. I have the latest bios upgrade, which has a provision for 850 but when I try it I can't boot into windows. I have also noticed that, even at 708mhz, I can't set the vcore above 1.55 or the system freezes. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
John:

do you mean you want to Overclock a 566 celeron to 850 ??????? causze that aint gonna happen / who ever said it would is wreckless with the truth / a 20% overclock is real tuff to maintain without overheating and shutdowns
beyond that is a dream

bios upgrade to 850 yeah / install a 733 mhz processor and OC to 850 maybe

dont forget Over clocking is a combo effort of CPU & ram to sustain big overclocks you alos have to have premium memory capable of being pushed to the limits

regards

joe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Joe,
I'm told it's quite doable. Several websites claim to have done it. Apparently this cpu is capable of 850 or more. I had my celeron 300a running happily at 464 for a long time. Thanks for the advice though.
John

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
well keep me posted / I didnt put the wings on fly's and have eaten as much "crow" as any other man.

good-luck & I wish you sucess

joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.