Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone!

i got a question, hope you guys can help me cos asus tech support doesnt seem to. i want to know will the CT-479 adaptor will work on a P4P800 Dlx? ive read all the documentation of the CT-479 on the asus website including FAQs and all they say is that it will work on the P4P800-E Dlx. i know that may mean it only works on the -E version but is there even any difference between the -E and the non -E?

also it may mean i would have to flash the bios, has anyone tried to flash the -E bios on a non -E motherboard? but most importantly i'd like to confirm that the CT-479 does/doesnt work on the P4P800 Dlx non-E

cheers

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ fnb
The CT-479 adapter HAS to be recognized in the BIOS or it won't work. If ASUS has not written a BIOS for the P4P800-Deluxe(non-'E'), then ASUS is not ready for you to use the adapter on that board officially. I would not recommmend flashing an 'E' BIOS to the non-'E' board. They do have differences and I wouldn't guarantee success. I have read that they are currently working on greater adapter/MB compatibility, so in time you may have your official BIOS.

BUT, if you are willing to take the risk, you might find some answers in this big thread. Yours is listed under 'Other non-official supported boards'. There have been some successful cross-flashes, and some unsuccessful crossflash attempts.
You could be the test case and try it for us and let us know :grin: , but it would be pure experimentation on your part with the resulting responsibilities of a possibly ruined MB/CPU/CT-479 or more

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for all the info! i'll most probably try it out anyways and will get back to you on the results

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.