Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here familiar with creating style sheets? I am using Firefox 78.9 ESR. I would like my appearance of Firefox to look in this order.
Menu Bar
Address Bar
Bookmark Bar
Tab Bar.

In have tried various CSS files from different places but none so far accomplish this completely. Right now I have the tabs on bottom but the bookmarks bar is above the menu bar. This CSS files are above my pay grade. Any help would be appreciated.

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,796 Posts
The basics are under View like Toolbars and sidebar. Right clicking View or empty space shows some Customization options.

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the toolbars i want. These customizations won't achieve the results I'm looking for. You need a style sheet with Firefox Quantum but I don't know how to write one. They are just not in the order I prefer. Currently the order is:
Address Bar
Bookmark Bar
Menu Bar
Tab Bar

I would like it to be:
Menu Bar
Address Bar
Bookmark Bar
Tab Bar

33,796 Posts
When you get to customize, just drag to what you want where holding left click button.

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sorry but that doesn't work. Can't move the menu or address bar. Firefox doesn't allow it. I've been using FF since like version 4. so I'm familiar with it and always have customized it to suit my tastes. Mozilla has made a lot harder to get things like you prefer every since something like version 57 or when ever it was when they went to Quantum version rendering engine.

· Moderator , Security Team
2,432 Posts
You might find the following article useful ....

33,796 Posts
This might help although not exactly what you want. Un-tick Menu Bar. Now the alt key brings it back or makes it disappear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.