Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i try 2 enter some servers, it automatically disconnects me cause i dont have the right maps :sigh: , how can i get different maps on there?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
some servers dont allow cs maps to be downloaded. u can find most of the maps to download online. when u find them u need to place the correct files in the correct folders. u can also try to find another server with the same map wich will let u download it

steam/steamapps/acount/counter-strike source/cstrike/maps

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where can i download the maps from?

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nevermind...

i got it :smile:...

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, i been gettin this message when i got done installin maps, an why does it have a HL2 icon, and not a CS:S 1? heres the message:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
i assume u tried to double click it ?

the BSP is the map file that needs to go into the map folder.

source runs on the HL2 engine and the maps are the same so it thinks its a HL2 file but its not.

u can edit the maps using Valves SDK (available for download via steam) the tool is called Hammer Map editor.

if u need any info or help related to anything halflife css related also feel free to message me !

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, i tried 2 double-click it..

thanks 4 explanin why it has the HL2 icon...

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright, i will..

hey man, u can add me as a friend on Steam and Xfire (if u have it), try JBP198780, or JP198780, dont know which 1 :rolleyes: lol...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hay I am having the same sort of problem with the CS:S maps. When I go into a server it says for eg. Your de_train.bps differs from the servers.

Because I all ready have the map I cannot download the one the server has and I have tryed searching on my comp for the bsp files but none of them are in the maps folder and the search comes up with none.

Im not sure what to do.

Please help!

Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.