Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This would be my first post here tech support :).

Recently i installed Windows 7 64-Bit on my machine and i wanted to check out the dx10 performance of Crysis. So i installed it on my PC and when i first ran the 64-bit crysis executable i get a blank screen and when i try to fire up the task manager i would get an error and the game would quit. Then i used the 32-bit exe and all was well. The game runs ok. I was using my old configuration and profiles from my XP installation. I only changed the GFX settings to very high which were enabled due to dx10. I loaded a previously saved game and all was well.

Then i got an itching to play the game from the beginning and when i started the new game, i noticed that i could not hear any of the dialogs in opening cut scenes. However i can still hear the music OK. One thing i noticed was that, before i started playing the new game, i installed Dirt 2 which also installed something called Rapture audio something. Maybe it has conflicted with something.

Does anyone has any similar experience. I am using the Supreme FX sound card that comes with my ASUS P5N32-E SLI Mobo

·
Team Manager, Gaming
7,320 Posts
Hello,
this could be caused by the supreme FX sound card
first do this:
Control Panel -> sound
under playback, select the default activated sound card (the one with the green mark beside it)
right click and choose configure speakers, select Stereo (I think the 5.1 surround could be selected by default)

if Stereo is already selected, I suggest you choose another sound card (all new motherbaords have a built-in sound card) you should have one (intel or realtek or VIA, etc...) right click on it and choose set as default device
now you need to plug in your speakers in the sound card and you are good to go

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.