Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this card for a new rig that i was building. It was an OEM card and no drivers came with it. After i installed it and tried playing some music an error came up that said "Soundcard error". i tried going to the creative site and downloading their driver but the drive installer just said that no card was found. i am not sure what could be wrong...do i need to add any wires to this card? its not plug and play? not sure. any help would be very nice.

thanks in advance

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Check in Device Manager to see if a soundcard is listed and has any yellow or red marks next to it.

If you had onboard/integrated sound before the Audigy, did you disable it in BIOS?

Also, make sure the card is firmly seated on the motherboard or try another slot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Under Device Manager there is a yellow question mark under "Other Devices" and there is another one that has a yellow exclamation point and it says "Multimedia Audio Controller". The thing is that i never received a driver/installation cd with it, do you think that could be why XP doesnt recognize it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried doing just that, and an error message came up. It said that it couldnt detect any Audigy 2 hardware, could it be a bum sound card? Or maybe i didnt connect the switches. i had some coming from where the USB port is and they say like: Mic in, out L, Out R....maybe that could be the problem...

i called newegg to send me the installation cd maybe thats whats wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.