Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a first time poster, so be gentle! I have a wired network with two computers and two printers, both running XP, on a Cisco wireless-N Broadband router, but I have not used the "wireless". I recently bought a new HP laptop that is running on Windows 7, that is wireless, that I wanted to connect to the network for internet and printing. I can see available networks, but cannot connect. When I used the "create a wirless network wizard" from the main computer "my computer" screen, then my wired computers cannot access the internet. Any thoughts?

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,349 Posts
What's the exact make/model of the router? First off, forget about using he wizard for this task. You need to access the router's setup screen using IE and configure the wireless capability.

Let's see this from one of the working desktops.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.