Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to set my computer to create a restore point when I log on and I am using the task scheduler to do this. When I come to the point when I have to choose the script the info I was given was to look for either the vbs or scrp script. The only ones I can find that are anywhere similar are vbscript.dll or scrptadm.dll are these the correct ones?

Obviously as I am not quite sure I do not want to proceed any further, I would certainly appreciate any advice. My OS is Win7 Pro.

Thank you.

shipboard.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
shipboard, one might ask if restore points is really what you are after here? Perhaps a nightly backup would be better suited to what you need, perhaps of a specific folder(s) instead of an entire system?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, I am in total agreement regarding creating a restore point on log in, pretty silly when you think of it, excuse my ignorance. I have decided to do a daily backup to a flash drive.
Thanks for all the input.

shipboard.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,937 Posts
XP does chkdsk on startup which can be useful.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for those kind words. I can certainly say since joining this forum my computer knowledge has advanced significantly.

shipboard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.