Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rebooted my PC and when I went to open IE, it crashed. It gave me the Illegal Ops box and then when you hit OK, it gives me another one that tells me an error occurred in IE, that IE will close, and if it persists, to reboot. I rebooted. Still doing the same thing!!! Do I need to reinstall IE???????

The other weird thing about it is that it crashes when I go to Yahoo. I mean, Yahoo is my default home page, however, if I click on a link, say, inside email, it opens to the correct page with no issues.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
are you running a peer to peer service??

Napster Kazza and the like...you might have a product called NEW.net running that messes around with IE

download adaware from http://www.lavasoft.de/ and let if delete what it finds...it will disable Kazza...if it does go to Yahoo and type in Kazza Lite or use WinMX or XoloX ...no spyware...also download IE 6 when all is better...too many security flaws with 5.5 that are fixed with 6

·
Registered
286 Posts
carrie640,

I not sure which versions of IE allows this, but it just takes a minute to find out:

Click on Start button --> Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> System Information.

When the System Info. Window opens Click on "Tools" on the menu bar and look for a selection on the drop-down like "Repair Internet Explorer". If you find one click on it and it should take care of your problem.

If there isn't a selection like that you'll have to wait for help from someone else.

:ufo: :ufo: :ufo:

twas

ps - If you're running a legal copy of Win98 you might want to upgrade to the newest version of IE, its free at Windows Updates.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Using the IE Repairing option seemd to work and I did upgrade to IE6, although it seems to run things a little slower:(

For the record, I do use WinMX and not any of the others! :))

Thanks for the help!:)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
glad to hear it....

WinMX... I hear there is alot of customizing you can do to it...to increase uploads and downloads and find alot more item then if you use the program "as is" any truth to that ???

I am useing XoloX for the last week but still have WinMX installed...Xolox lets you setup you AV to scan the files as they come down...a feture kazza and Morpues dearly miss...and it seem to have a NICE selection

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.