Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, this is my first post so play nice. Also, i'm not sure if this is the right section for this, so sorry if it's not.

I have recently built myself a new computer.

The specs for the main components are as follows:

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping (2.4GHz 1066MHz) Socket 775 L2 8MB Cache (2x4MB (4MB per core pair)
- Abit AB9 QUAD GT P965 Socket 775 DDR2 7.1channel audio eSATA ATX
- Sapphire HD 2900 Pro 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI ViVO PCI-E Graphics Card
- Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL5(5-5-5-12)
- Hitachi 500GB Hard Drive 7200rpm SATAII 16MB Cache - OEM
- Arctic Power 700W PSU - With PCI-E, SATA, 20+4, ATX12V, 8pin +12V Connectors
-Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

I put it together, no hastle. Now during the installation of vista occured serveral lockup's, auto restarts and even a blue screen of death. I immediatly pressumed it was the RAM but after several extensive tests it showed no problems with it. I decided to try one of my dual core processors, so i popped it in and bam, i installed vista no problem. After a couple of hours pushing my computer it still worked no problem, so i tried my quad core again, and .. again .. i get lockup's/freezing at random points during the vista bootup process. Now if i start vista in safe mode it works no problem, so theoreticly it has to be a software problem, a driver maybe? But then im thinking it can't be a driver because it lockedup during the installation. I am yet to update the bios to see whether it helps, and i will post the results, but i was just wondering whether there was/is anyone else out there with similar problems.

Regards.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Check your PSU voltages like dai said and also check your CPU/RAM voltages in BIOS so that they're default.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's.

Before reading this i tried installing XP, and it works a doddle. I can only pressume this is a vista problem?

Thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.