Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm Jen, A uni student in her second year with knowlegde of computers that will rival a dead animal! (im crap!)

basically, Ive had my sony Vaio VGN-FS515B laptop since september last year as a uni present from the rents (parents)! and since about 3 weeks ago it crashes randomly. This is a huge problem because as a uni student i actually use my laptop a lot.

I've read similar thread on this topic relating to a blue screen with loadz of words and stuff on it but it only stays on for half of a split second and then crashes.

I've only got a GB of RAM (i believe) but it crashes when its not even doing anything. I can just switch it on and it will crash sometimes within 10 minutes. I've tried reducing the amount of files i have on my computer but it keeps doing it.

I took it home at the weekend for my dad to look at and it didnt crash for the whole 7 hours he was working on it, i bring it back to uni and its crashed 7 times since 9:30am (its not 7... so not really acceptable).

My laptop came with a booklet called "recovery guide" it's got step by step instructions on what to do to recover it. it says that its only to be recovered if it crashes lots and comes up with a serious system failure message (which it does when it restarts!)

My system info is:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service pack 2

sony corporation VAIO VGN-FS series
intel (R) Pentium (R) M Processor, 1.73GHz, 1.73GHz, 0.99GB of RAM.

Please get back to me before my computer crashes for the 8th time tonight and i throw it out of my bedroom window

Yours beggingly,

Jen

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I would suggest backing up what data you can and doing a restore or clean install. That recovery guide should walk you through the process although you may need to go to the sony site and order new restore cds.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Start > Run > eventvwr.msc > copy and paste some of the recent errors

Also ...

Navigate to C:\windows\minidump
Zip some of the recent minidumps and attach them here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.