Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

When I'm playing Age Of Kings 2 and basically everything when using Windows Media Player version 7 all music has a strange high pitch crackling interference noise in the background.

But when I use realpayer or winamp it's fine why is this? It's also the same when i play video's in Windows media player?

Mark

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Did you spill Rice Krispies in the computer? Sometimes this will cause a snap, CRACKLE, pop, noise. :square:

OK, I'm sorry! I couldnt resist. Im a bad joker.

Seriously, Please tell us what version of Windows you have and what sound card is installed, and anything else you may think worth mentioning. This will help us narrow it down.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DJ Specs

I have Windows 98 ver 2 and a Creative SoundBlaster 16 plug and play soundcard.

As said before plays on everything else fine apart from Windows Media player 7 and Age of Kings 2. Haven't tried any other games cos haven't got any other games!

Mark

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope that didn't help.

That article was mainly relating to .wav files but Wndows Media Player will have interference when playing .wav,mp3,mpeg basically everything to do with media!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could well be my processor, it is a bit naff. Well anyway I'm ordering a new motherboard and processor this week from a good place called Ebuyer here in England.

I'm buying a Shuttle AK31 V3.1 ATX Socket A Motherboard AT100 with onboard sound (here is the url: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=29346) and I'm getting the AMD Duron 1.2Ghz processor.

The board supports Athlon/Duron processors but somewhere else on the net it said it only supports up to 1.1Ghz+.

Does this mean it can take the 1.2 or not?

Cheers all

Mark

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Well according to the official website HERE! It looks like it's only 1.1 Ghz So I would assume thats as high as it can go. But it may go higher, Im not an expert with that so I cant give you a good answer. I hope someone else here can! You could get a slower processor or look into a better board.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The actual board most definatly will not operate at clock speeds higher than 1.1ghz but if you have a 1.2ghz it should still run on the board as a 1.1ghz. Also you might want to try going to creatives site and looking for driver updates for your sound card.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.