Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! whenever I start up Windows 2000, I get Cpu unworkable or has been changed. Press F1 to continue. I press F1, and everything seems fine, except when I try to use Internet Explorer. When I go online, the computer restarts, or a blue screen of death appears with: IRQ not less or equal. I don't know if these two issues are related. Please, please, please, any help would be great! I've already tried resetting CMOS, and formatting and re-installing W2K about 10 times, with no luck.

Abit IC7 motherboard
6gb Western Digital HDD
128 Mb ATI 9200 Agp card
450 Watt Mad Dog power supply
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz Northwood chip
1 Gb Centon memory sticks

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
hello
do you have a power supply you can borrow?
yours might be getting flacky on the voltage rails with fluctuations.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
perhaps you can check your heatsink and thermal compound. make sure the fan is on correctly, reapply some artic 5.

·
Registered
604 Posts
IRQ not less or equal
Two common causes of this error is

1. Drivers - make sure all your drivers up to date

2. IRQ conflicts - go to control panel, system, hardware, device manager, hit view up top and choose devices by connection and see if any thing has a yellow yellow exclamation point if it does double click on it and read device status to see if it says IRQ conflict or something around those lines. Also under view you can hit resources by connection, then double click iterrup request and it will show you what IRQ number goes to each device.

I would say 80% of the time that message is caused by one of those 2 things. That leaves the possiabities of other causes but let check these two out first since they the most common.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, great! I'm going to try that and post back here with the results!! I appreciate your help on this!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.